Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious if any of you guys wakeboard. Me and my friends have been out twice this year. My buddies boat has a tower and we usually ride behind it. We have a few rails in the water, and a kicker. We all have boards, I just bought a O'brien Player board and some Hyperlite Era Bindings.

·
back in the game
2,364 Posts
there is a rail 2 doors down from my cottage (in the lake), I'll get some pics of when they put it up :)

I myself don't wakeboard, I'm a kneeboarder :D

·
Mountain M0DERAT0R
7,469 Posts
i slalom ski, but would love to try and wake board. i have an obrien slalom ski w/ 2 boots, works great. i like it alot better than the 1 1/2 booted ski

i kneeboarded a while back, but it hurt my knees to much. i have a hperlite kneeboard, i liked it when i did it, but nothign beats carving on one ski and seeing your rooster tail :cool:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah, i still like going for a ski once and a while. It is a good workout. I just have an obrien ski but my friend has a K2 and my gf and her brother have a bunch of ski's as her father and uncle used to compete in slalom and barefoot.
One of the guys that wakeboards with us used to slalom ski competively and was sposored by Bare. He has a bunch of Bare stuff it is pretty neet. He hurt his knee and had to stop.
You should try wakeboarding. It is way different than skiing and takes a bit to get used to but once you get your balance down, most people accelerate at it well if they do it enough.

·
Mountain M0DERAT0R
7,469 Posts
i know how to snowboard, but i downhill ski (rossignol powercut skis), and was told that its similar to snowboarding. i catch on prety quick, so it wont be that hard i think...but i just have to find a buddy that will let me borrow them...unfortunately i dont have any that do board...only tube, solomn, and trick ski

1 - 5 of 5 Posts