Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Frazzell
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the voltage regulator grounded via a wire ground or the screws holding it on to the frame/tunnel? Mine seems to be flopping around barely hanging on to one screw, of couse im having electrical issues with my sled at the moment, wondering if this could be my problem. By the way, trails are open with 5-7" of groomed base with system snow coming in tonight with accumulations of 12-15" then lake affect snow to follow, love living in northern Michigan! Ride on!!!!!

·
twins rule!
370 Posts
you dont want it flopping around either way, if your lights are dimming+going off+on its probley a bad ground wire or short check all wireing for bare spots+breaks all connecters for loose wires+corrosion if wireing is ok, the reg. or stator may be fryed. start with the reg. there cheap+easy to replace.

·
Frazzell
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanx, I'll start with that, their cheap. Do u think the regulator not being grounded has anything to do with the electrical problems?

·
Frazzell
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the regulator was the problem, found one on ebay cheap put it in and done! thanks for the help guys!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts