Snowmobile Forum banner

Vmax woes

3K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  SnowRida 
#1 ·
Two Questions:

The Vmax suspension is killing us, anyway to beef it up--the adjustments are already at the stops.

Second, I would like to have a rack, strong enough to carry some extra gas---maybe30-40 pound capability. The only thing I've seen is the Two-up seat, has anyone seen any products?

#2 ·
Have you thought about just carrying like a 1-2gallon can. Just enough to get you to a station to fill up?

#4 ·
The only way to really get your suspension good is maybe replacing the shocks with some type of after market. Fox or ryde fx. Thats a lot of xtra gas. I havent heard of a good way to do that other than a trailer for your sled.

wish i could have been more help

dano

#6 ·
Funny thing about the tow sled. The ride we are planning is sponsored by a club and they say no tow sleds. We are definitely going and if no other solution comes up, will go with a sled. I'm thinking of drawing one up and finding a shop to weld it up for me--anyone seen any plans or have any advice on how it should mount?

#7 ·
I can get a carrier through my distributor which will fit a 16 to 17 1/2 inch tunnel. The cargo holder is 9x9x17, which will hold a 6 gallon gas can. It has a back rest on the front of the carrier. It bolts to the tunnel I think by drilling holes. Goes for $140.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.