Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I have put a 95 vmax 600 snowmobile motor in a small sandrail and I keep fowling plugs to the point that it only gets full power for maybe 30 minutes then fowls the plugs, I think its the tors system causing the problem. I have put the blk a wht wires together to eliminate it but it still seems to be causing problems. I have the throttel and the oil injection cables both pulling at the same rate. ? is that the problem or do I need to change something else. Any help in this matter would be a great help. Thank you in advance

·
Super Moderator
1,875 Posts
I think you are too rich.
But it may also be getting too much oil?
You may have to adjust your oil usage then jet it.
Normal oil usage is about 12.5 gal of gas to a qt of oil
If you are going threw a qt of oil for every 8 gallons then adjust it down some a full turn or two.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That makes sense KCCats2 what do you mean by down one or 2 turns. What do i adjust down. I am very knowledgeable about all the mounting of everything but not to knowledgeable about carb adjustments. is there a screw that adjusts the oil input or is it something with the oil cable

·
Super Moderator
1,875 Posts
That would be to loosen the cable to turn down the oil usage.
The carb itself will need to be re jetted.
I don't know how rich you are but the Jets come numbered and the lower the number the leaner they are.
So start with what do you have in there now?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The jets are impossible to read but with a microscope i can see a 5 on both of them. thanks for your help

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I decided I would take the carbs off of a doner 94 vmax500 and I couldnt believe they were as clean as new never touched. So I did a quick cleaning and installed them and the motor DID come to life, im taking it to bundy hill and will see how it drives. I will say it does seem like its getting to much oil. I have been trying to put a video up of it but keep having problems

1 - 8 of 8 Posts