Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Z1 lxr
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright, i just talked to a guy who has a motor for my sled that im having cooling leaking problems with.

he has an engine that runs great, lower miles and a seat( i need one, mines ripped bad)

and he would sell them for 150$

because i would be 60$ down buying gaskets anyway, and thats not a sure fix, i think this is worth it for sure, and all the spare parts

my question is!

the engine is out of a 94, my sled is a 95, are they the same, ive looked and I was unsuccessful

·
Sled Of The Month Judge
2,841 Posts
I think the '94 had primary clutch issues, which were solved in '95. You could take the clutch off the other motor, and put it into this one. You would need a puller though, but since you have the other clutch anyway just leave it until it breaks, then replace it with the other clutch. $90 dollars for a seat isn't bad, and you could have your old motor as a spare.

·
Registered
2010 Z1 lxr
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
exactly what i was thinking, having the parts alone would be worth somthing, i heard somthing about a clutch issue that was resolved in 95, thats why i started this thread, thanks alot

very helpful

·
Premium Member
5,737 Posts
its a direct bolt in. plug and play on all the wiring. you will have to align the clutches and set the center to center.

·
Registered
2010 Z1 lxr
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
you say align the clutches, but the engine mounts are fixed arnt they?

or do they have slides for adjustment?

either way, how would i align them, because you probably know, and i dont and i miswell ask now vs later

thanks!

·
Registered
2010 Z1 lxr
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
alright, but, how close does it have to be, any techniques?

or just get it so the belt sits in there right?

·
Registered
2010 Z1 lxr
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
alright, were could i find these specs? ill check the how to, seconds

but do you know them, or were to find them?

thanks a lot!

·
Premium Member
5,737 Posts
in case you havent deduced this on your own, some people are more experienced and have valuable knowledge to lead you in a positive direction while others seem to spew random rhetoric based on absolutely no first hand experience.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts