Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I bought a 80 Kawasaki drifter with a mikuni 32mm I can’t get it to start easy because there is a choke cable that in the bay but this carb has a plug were the choke should go and the air inlet for choke have no hole either. I was wondering if anyone else has came across this
This a mikuni carb even says MIC on the side. I know I’m going to need a new carb

·
Registered
456 Posts
A guess, but someone must have put it on from another sled. That carb would have been used with a primer like the one used on 80's Ski Doo's.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Get the primer working and you will be all set. You give it a few pumps and start it up. Be ready to give it a pump if it starts to die until it gets warmed up a little. Then it should idle. You should be able to clean that one up. I have not had one yet that I needed to replace.

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Seem to recall some people even putting 34mm mikuni on those back in the day could be wrong though, god that was 25+ years ago I remember a old neighbor in Illinois doing mods to his and I know he did a different carb on it pretty sure it was the 34mm but who knows too damn long ago and I am too old to remember sometimes that kind of stuff,lol. Turning 45 the other day killed me.

GL hopefully it is a simple fix like snowmower said.

·
Administrator
19,276 Posts
Careful, you steal all that dirt, you may be accused of theft of real estate ;)

If you have access to an ultrasonic cleaner, that could do a great job of cleaning things out. If not, make sure you poke and prod in all the holes and orifices of the carb to dislodge any varnish or debris. Use a soft wire such as a single strand of CAT5 cable so as not to mar the surfaces.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ya I have went through it all looked new in side. I could not get the primer to prime up all the way I’m going to have to bleed it some how it’s a 32 because it’s small then my 34s. I got a freind bring me one with a choke. I got it to running with a little help of happy juice (john Deere flavor)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ya I have went through it all looked new in side. I could not get the primer to prime up all the way I’m going to have to bleed it some how it’s a 32 because it’s small then my 34s. I got a freind bring me one with a choke. I got it to running with a little help of happy juice (john Deere flavor)
The old man did me good said he’s bringing a carb and primer in box. I guess keep you beer buddy’s close

1 - 10 of 10 Posts