Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my brother recently bought a 03 rev 800 and i currently own a 02 viper. i was courius how close our race would be? his sled is stock, and my viper has a studded camoplast energy track, clutch kit. can i hope to maybe compete? what are some small and moderatlely inexpensive things to upgrade the power on my sled outside of triple pipes? thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
my brother recently bought a 03 rev 800 and i currently own a 02 viper. i was courius how close our race would be? his sled is stock, and my viper has a studded camoplast energy track, clutch kit. can i hope to maybe compete? what are some small and moderatlely inexpensive things to upgrade the power on my sled outside of triple pipes? thanks for any advice.
if you want to beat your brother with that viper yhe only thing that is gonna help is triple pipes!!! they are expensive but worth every penny and about 30 horse on that sled!!!!!! pipe it!!!!!!!!!

·
Sconnie
1,745 Posts
Best part about it is that his ride quality will be a million times better than the viper can ever hope for.

·
Registered
794 Posts
You shouldnt have any trouble running with him or even outrunning him on a lake but on the trail lookout you will get beat in more ways than one trying to run with that rev platform.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes joe i was hoping youd find me here... anyways, i know the pipes are awesome but i have been warned there extremely loud and could bring large tickets.... anything else besides for pipes and clutch that a viper is known to respond well too?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
maybe this is another good question, i know the viper by today's standard is pretty stiff riding but is there something that's cheaper than a m-10 suspension that i could use that would enhance my ride quality.... just not feeling the idea of spending over 500...

·
Sconnie
1,745 Posts
pipes dont change the volume of the sled. A can will. pipes will change the tone. and your engine performance. you will need to rejet for them, but they should come with the correct jetting charts, or you can call hauck maybe.

I would suggest a new track, you've got the clutch kit, pipes is the next best thing to do. not sure if the 700 engine is a reed case engine or not, but if it is some performance reeds will help with throttle response.

good performance mods never = inexpensive

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well i found out that the track that i do have is a camoplast track, and it supposedly in decent shape according to jerry(mechanic), i am having him restud it with 96 down the middle, which will be way better than the studs from before(worn down to the nut), so i should be able to hook up decently. I have thought about getting reeds for it, but im not sure about brand or how much difference they actually make.

p.s. joe i just looked on the dnr's website and i guess as of the 9th the trails are open just to let you know if you didnt already.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I put slp tripple pipes on my 03 viper ER and it made a huge difference! It sounds really nice, not loud at all, I have heard some of those sleds out there with the cans on them and have to agree I want no part of that. If you do mod the viper at all, you will most likely need to add another heat exchanger at the rear where your cross over pipe is now. Mine ran hot easy without it and it never gets hot with it. They where factory on the srx's , not sure why they didn't put them on the viper stock. O yes I have to agree, the suspention......well it just sucks. I ran with 800 rev last winter with no trouble. won in a flat out drag. But when the trail gets bumpy.....did I mention the suspention sucks???

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yes, i dont know why they didnt put the exchangers on from the begiining, but they did put them on stock on 04-06 vipers i believe..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts