Snowmobile Forum banner

81 - 93 of 93 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
do you happen to know what other throttle cables will work on my 1993 yamaha exciter 2 sx? the orignal cable has been discontinued.
If you have a true sx, it will have the flatslide carbs and just about anything from a 2 stroke Yam sled up to about 04 will interchange. What you find for differences among models is length and cable housing configuration. By that, some have 90* brass and some are straight where they attach to the carb rack. Mtn sled cables are usually longer that short tracks.

Measure your cable and describe the housing configuration or post up a pic. I should be able to guide you to a suitable replacement.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I purchased a used Yamaha exciterll and would like to know what year it is. The only number I can find on it is 88R-000813, can anyone help me?

·
Registered
2 Posts
thought i would start a list of vins for the yamaha sleds to save me some messaging time and space. perhaps a sticky may come of this.

just for fun i picked 1979. the year i graduated high school. i will add additional years upon request and if enough requests come in, i can add to the list from 1968(when yamaha first sold production sleds) through 2005(the last time i bought a new yamaha).

there will be alot of time and typing effort involved on my part, but to my knowledge Snowmobileforum.com will be the only source on the internet with a list as complete as this, if enough requests come in and we actually compile the entire vin list.

EC540(ExcelV) 8H8
ET250(Enticer 250) 8H4
ET300(Enticer 300) 8H9
ET340(Enticer 340) 8H5
ET340E(Enticer 340 electric start)8J4
EX440(Exciter 440) 8H6
SRX440(Duh) 8J0

positive responses makes the effort worth while, some of the 90' models carried the same starting prefixes and the years were identified with the subsequent numbers on the vins as well as the starting three digits, so the lists will become longer.

lets see where it goes from here.

·
Registered
2 Posts
thought i would start a list of vins for the yamaha sleds to save me some messaging time and space. perhaps a sticky may come of this.

just for fun i picked 1979. the year i graduated high school. i will add additional years upon request and if enough requests come in, i can add to the list from 1968(when yamaha first sold production sleds) through 2005(the last time i bought a new yamaha).

there will be alot of time and typing effort involved on my part, but to my knowledge Snowmobileforum.com will be the only source on the internet with a list as complete as this, if enough requests come in and we actually compile the entire vin list.

EC540(ExcelV) 8H8
ET250(Enticer 250) 8H4
ET300(Enticer 300) 8H9
ET340(Enticer 340) 8H5
ET340E(Enticer 340 electric start)8J4
EX440(Exciter 440) 8H6
SRX440(Duh) 8J0

positive responses makes the effort worth while, some of the 90' models carried the same starting prefixes and the years were identified with the subsequent numbers on the vins as well as the starting three digits, so the lists will become longer.

lets see where it goes from here.
8cw-002523?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thank you for posting this, and please forgive my ignorance. I just bought my first Yamaha snowmobile (I always had other brands for whatever reason). I just want to make sure I'm reading this right, the sled I bought was supposedly a 1998 venture 600. I'm really thinking it's a 1997 based on the VIN of 8CW00125. Can someone confirm?
Thank you

·
Registered
4 Posts
my Bravo is 8AE-000565 what yr is it ? seller said is a 82 ,Yamaha dealer says 93 ? i dont know. are they identical in looks ?

81 - 93 of 93 Posts