Snowmobile Forum banner

61 - 80 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Where do I find the VIN numbers on my Yamaha Phazer? I'm wanting to get new carbs possibly and can't figure out the year of my sled.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi - wondering if you are still helping? I have my daughters sleds that I bought used and can't remember the year. :( Your tread is so long so I thought I would just ask to see if you knew this one specifically. 8J4-021942 340 Enticer is all I know. Thanks in advance. :) Keri

·
Registered
2 Posts
Have a Vin related question;
My tunnel says 8N6-0372**(1983 Canada version?)
and my motor is 8H900 294cc (1979 )
is this norm?
What year is the sled and engine ?
Trying to confirm and get correct ignition parts as this sled is new to me and without spark

·
Premium Member
5,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
In your situation, what you need to be concerned with is if the remaining digits on the engine match the digits on the tunnel. You cant necessarily go by pre-fix alone on the older sleds as the same engine was used over several models. However, in a perfect world, the remaining numbers should match if all is original.

Based on your findings, it wouldnt be unusual to have an engine swapped at some point in the sled's history. Base your part search on the engine's number but be advised your borderline on years for ignition upgrades between similar models. In other words, if someone attempted to stuff a 79 into an 83, you may be dealing with different cdi's and mags along with the main wiring harness. That's off the top of my head and really not knowing what sled your working with, but based on the cc's, most likely a 300 enticer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks
Your experience sharing is much appreciated .
Will look into the remaining numbers this weekend when I get back in town.
Where are the engine numbers located , maybe those where just a casting
number ?
I actually got a friend to look fir me as I am outa town

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi im just trying to get some help i have a yamaha phazer 480 and im trying to find the vin on my sled in the right foot tunnle theres 86f-000695 and i want to know if thats the vin please help me and thank u

·
Registered
1 Posts
New here as well. I just picked up a new/old sled and I'm trying to identify the model and year of the motor before I start ordering parts. Stamped identification code on the motor says 8DL-000063, can anyone identify what year and sled that is actually from? Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
98 xtcp. One year build. Basically any xt with a factory installed 1 1/2" track. Subtle differences in drive, suspension, and clutching. Beyond that, its still a 700 redhead with the extra suspension.

·
Registered
2 Posts
VIN Location (70-72 Yamaha 292)

Where would I find the VIN on an early 70s SL 292? I am not seeing one. I also have a 74 SM 292 and it is clearly visible on the right side of the tunnel. But I can't find the VIN on the earlier SL 292.

Thx for the help.

Ty

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi
New here to this forum & never posted on a forum before, so still trying to figure all this out.

I just bought a 2008 Apex & I am trying to figure out exactly what model it is
These are the 5 digits/numbers in the vin that are supposed to determine that
8FR70
Also I have a 121" track
any help would be greatly appreciated!!

61 - 80 of 93 Posts