Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 99 sxr 700 the tag on the hull says 99 but the Secretary of State says it's a 2000. Have a bill of sale for a 99 they are giving me shit for it can anyone help me?

·
Registered
891 Posts
Depends, you can have a sled made in 1999 but be listed by Yamaha and the State as a 2000. All depends on what month it was made and what the manufacture registered and sold it as when it was new. Idk what state you live in but they shouldn't be harassing you over it. Take pictures of the vin plate and show it to them not just the bill of sale. Did you buy it at a dealer or a private sale

·
Registered
891 Posts
Then that is most likely a 2000. I've had sleds like that, made in as early as March/April then shipped to the dealer in October and they considered them the next years model. Happens a lot with snow check models as well like that. Same thing happens with vehicles, I had a 2000 Jeep Wrangler at one point it was made in July of 1999, delivered in November and I bought it in April of 2000. It was titled from the manufacture as a 2000 model. All depends on the manufacture, kinda stupid sometimes but it is how they can get away with making more money by saying "HEY LOOK a NEW MODEL!" lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts