Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed the VForce3 reeds in my 2001 ZR600EFI. The sled now idles at 750RPM (half of stock idle). The sled is still running on gas from last year, so its probably separated, but what could cause the drop in half of the idle rpms and how can it be fixed. I was told that the EFI computer will readjust the idle, but I dont know how good a source that info was, Does anyone have any information on this?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Well I will be receiving mine in a day or two and will put them on right away and let you know.....oh by the way, did you use the original carb boots or did you get new ones? I just ask cuz mine has the reed cage fillers and I don't think there gonna fit on the new v-force 3 cages...

·
Registered
323 Posts
When you get the reeds, the instructions tell you to cut the original boot to fit, leaving about an 1/8 of an inch to seal against the Vforce3.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hey Maverick, First sorry it took so long to get back to ya, had a problem with getting the reeds in the first place, then I had to do some testing so I could both help myself and you out. Ok here goes...I first got the reeds and put them in, same story as you...idled low and just didn't seem right, I check this and that, that and this, nothing made sence. So I was figuring the only adjustability that you could possibly have on an EFI sled is fuel pressure, not to mention I've heard that the fuel pressure regulators on these sleds were doggy poop because they set them at factory to be extremely high and you can't adjust them. So I ventured to buy a fuel pressure regulator with a guage and put that on.....well let me tell ya...HOLY CRAP!! the sled now runs 2000 times better than it has since I bought it, I have a perma-grin, she moves now like she never did before!!!!! It's just unbelieveable at how much of a difference it makes, it starts on the 2nd pull every time, it's wicked snappy now and just wants to rip!!! Ok enough of that, I'm currently running 38 psi. but I've heard 36.2 is the optimum for the most sack, I just don't want to push it until I'm comfortable...You have to get one!!! It WILL!! solve you problems!!! I did a little test and pushed the fuel pressure up to about 43 psi and the sled dogged down to about 750 rpm at idle and was acting strange just like it was before I got the regulator so it pretty much seems cut and dry to me.....

Well, I hope this helps, and I do highly recomend everyone with an EFI should get a fuel pressure regulator because with the simple turn of an allen wrench you can adjust your......"jetting".....and add any mods to your sled.....

:D

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was checkin over the engine thinking it was the reeds because by coincidence it happened at the same time. I looked at my secondary and the spring had come out of the hole and the helix was sitting wrong. This was causing a major draw right from the start (why it woiuld take 6 pulls to start). I yanked the secondary off, fixed it, put it back on and it fired right up and the idle came back to normal. Mine ended up not even being a problem with the reeds, find out how well they work once we get some snow on the ground. Thanks a lot Whacked.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts