Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was about to hit the "add to cart" button and purchase some VForce 3 reeds for my mxz 700, but then decided hold off and ask you folks your thoughts on the reeds. A mechanic from ski-doo told me that the reeds weren't much better than the stock reeds already on the sled. That comment kept me from purchasing them last year. Everyone else I talk to seems very happy with them. Tell me your experience with them, good and bad. Are they worth the money? Did you do any jetting or adjust the air screw? Also, do you know where I could get a good deal on a set? The best deal I could find online, outside of Ebay, was $260 + S&H at sled-parts.com.

·
I gotta have more Cowbell
328 Posts
Heck yes! I got mine from www.jrgraham.com. They were around $230 or so, can't remember. (I have a polaris twin) They give 10% off and free shipping. I don't know what bombardier reeds look like, but the v-force has twice as many petals and area for more air flow. My original polaris reeds were not closing all the way (being held open 0.023") and that made the engine run like crap. Polaris does not sell just the petals, so it was a logical choice.

If your stock reeds are not closing all the way, get new V-Force ones. If they are fine, you have to decide if they are worth it. I cannot say if you will gain a big increase in power. In theory, you will... but seat of the pants-you may not notice. Also, the v-force III's do not have screws; the petals are clipped in. So there is no chance of a screw loosening and going into the crankcase.

I did not do any jetting or adjusting the air screw.

Good luck!

·
got snow?
93 Posts
I have V-Force 3 on my MXZ 700. Well worth the money really wakes up the low to midrange power. Dont know why your mechanic would say the stock ones were just as good. Alot more reed petal area and when they wear out you just have to buy replacement petals not the whole setup.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts