Snowmobile Forum banner

V1000 Aftermarket Exhaust

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Mach 1 Guy 
#1 · (Edited)
Wow, im looking at buying an 03 GT and came across this video...2 questions, what can is on this thing and where can I buy one?? Sounds sick! (2:10) sounds just like my Buell with a drummer. Just says straight pipe in video..

#2 ·
k so no where are there cans for early 4tecs, I looked all over. I tracked down the owner of this sled, and got some instructions on how he modified his stock muffler, basically he cut out the mufflers side wall exposing the two open ended inlet out outlet pipes, welded in a fabricated piece of pipe to connect both pipes, then welded the heat shield back into place. Basically he created a straight pipe, but to any warden just looks like the stock muffler. Says he hasnt lost any hp top or bottom at all. Are these sleds programmed to self learn and could configure the fuel mixture to the new setup? Would a straight pipe damage the motor over the long run? Asked the mech here what he thought about it and he looked at me funny, why would you want it like that, like it was too loud. I dont think its loud at all, nice deep throaty sound, like my Buell. As a recent 4 stroke convert Im hooked but do not like the stock sound, kind of like a harley out of the factory. I like to be able to hear the motor and how hard its working etc. thoughts?

-Thanks

#3 ·
loud is good!!! I got a can on my sled, now im not allowed on trails, but who cares, i ride them anyways, got my permet, insurance and crap, so screw them. They are snowmobiles, ment to be loud!! We do NOT ride sewing machines do we?

Maybe cause im in such a small community up here, and all the 20 cops know everyone in town, so we get off pretty easy as long as we stay sober!!! Which is smart to do anyways!!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.