Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best setting for my reeds I contacted v-force and low setting improves low end and high is for mid and top, I also have a boost bottle to install should I use the supplied zip ties or hase clamps to secure to the carb boots, What do you guys have for set ups Mine is a 2000 700 xc deluxe Thanks Frank

·
Registered
27 Posts
boost bottle

I have the same sled and put a boost bottle on mine. It made all the difference in the world with the performance. I used plastic zip ties on mine and they work fine. I do have one word of caution for you though. keep a close eye on your carb boots. i had one split on the tube that the boost bottle plugs into. i got lucky and caught it before loosing my engine. I replaced the boot and now I just check the boots every time I refill the oil tank. The bottle made a big difference in mine it gets much better gas milage and it runs a lot smoother. I love it

·
Registered
106 Posts
I put a bosst bottle on mine last year, and yes, it is awesome. The low end is much crisper and power seems smother when your at half throttle or less. Question, when you put yours on, did you need to adjust the carbs at all? My sled now has a little harder time starting then it did. It used to start with half a pull after it was warm, now it takes three or four pulls even after running for an hour.

·
Registered
27 Posts
i changed jets and the needle prior to putting the boost bottle on because my gas milage really sucked. my sled came with the keihin carburators. some came with the mikuni carbs. i came down a couple of sizes and my dealer gave me a part number that polaris had released for people complaining of bad gas milage. Before I started messing with everything I would be completely out of gas after 75 miles, now i can go over 100 with no problem. the way my sled is now it starts like you say yours used to. i never have to pull more than 2 pulls on the coldest days. I love it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I JUST ORDERED THE 1371G NEEDLES YOUR DEALER MENTIONED SHOULD ALSO CLEAN UP THE BOTTUM END FROM BEING TOO RICH I WILL HAVE THEM ON WED OR SO I CANT WAIT TO TRY EM OUT

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Just a question... What exactly does a boost bottle do?:confused:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A boost bottle equalizes pressure between the reeds and helps with low end power and fuel economy well worth the 30 bucks i paid for it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts