Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a used 2002 mxz 700 sport. Being used it of course needed some maintenance and I found a large crack on the carb intake flange, I've been told the 2002 mxz 700 sport cannot just have the intake flange itself replaced, but instead it has to have the entire reed, cage, gasket and flange itself replaced. I also cannot specifically find information on the mxz 700 sport regarding aftermarket v force 3 reeds, part numbers etc.

Does anyone have any information on where I could locate some aftermarket replacement reeds, either v force or boyensen? Doesn't matter unless there's some huge difference between the two. I don't really want to use oem stock parts unless I have to, because according to my local dealer the intake flange can only be replaced along with the cage and reed valves at a cost of nearly 350 dollars. Are there no aftermarket parts that I need for this sled? If someone has a link or specific part numbers I could check on please let me know. Thanks.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I believe it is spelled Boyesen. Dennis Kirk has them or get a hold of your nearest Parts Unlimited dealer to get the right ones. Looks like the v force reeds will be around $300. The Boyesen about $86 but I don't know if they come with the flange you need. I have the Boyesen 2 stage reeds in mine and I really like them.

·
Super Moderator
18,377 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
i believe the only major difference between the boysen and the v-force is boysen use 2 dual stage reeds and v-force use 4 single stage but i do recamend the boysens

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, thanks all for your replies, I did end up calling Boyesen after all this. I should have phrased my question a little better.

Went with the Boyesen rage cage because the carb flange is made of an metalic alloy instead of plastic/rubber and didn't want to be replacing it in another three years.

I ordered them them today, but I am imagining that they won't come with much in the way of instructions and carb adjustments. Does anyone have any advice on any adjustments I might need to change from stock reeds to the Boyesen reeds? Or are they pretty much bolt em on and go?

·
Super Moderator
18,377 Posts
If it's just replacing reeds only, I would leave what you have for jetting and check the plugs a few times during the first ride. Usually, stock factory jetting is a bit on the rich side and should accomodate any extra airflow from the new reeds. There are probably recommendations with the new stuff, too... you may want to follow that instead. They probably know a bit more about it than me :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts