Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All, Just installed a set of reeds in my 03 ZR900. Even with cutting the flange, 1 hour and it was fired up again. I will comment on the quality of this product. After removal of the stock cages and comparing them to the V Force, they are far superior in both fit and finish. I hope they perform as well as they look.

The set up on the sled is as follows: RT Silencer,V-Force 3, BM Heartthrob clutch kit, 196 woody's studs and 420 mains.

As a second note, anyone having any "problems" with the erratic idle that is common on the flat slides? They reported that air is bleeding around the slide causing a lean condition at idle and hence the erratic state. Thanks Dan

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
i put the vf3's in my sled and now its idling at about 750rpm.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I just put the Vforce 3's in my 03 600xcsp last night, should be starting it up tonight after I finish a few other things. Now remember, your not going to get a hell of a lot of horsepower from these, they generally just make your whole throttle range more responsive through all rpms. But yes, I definitely can't wait to run my sled this year after these and a few other mods.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
they do make you mostly more responsive but they also give gains of 5-10% in horsepower, im just curious as to why my idle dropped, plugs are brand new and are coloring correctly, no black or white. Gunna just keep my eye on the plug colors and if it remains brown, crank my idle a little. any other suggestions?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Maverick, you posted that you solved the idle problem and it was your secondary spring loading the engine down. Did you find a problem after that? The issue that I am experiencing with the erratic idle is when you lift and let the engine spool down, it stays at 2000rpm for a bit then drops to a diffrent rpm at times. It is not constant or predicable by any means. When I first purchased the sled, I basically wrote if off to break in, after 1500 miles, break in is no longer a question. This is my first sled with the flat slide Mikuni's, Lektrons never gave me a problem like this..... Dan

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I thought it was fixed. after we put the clutch back together and threw everything back together it fired right up and was normal, about a week later i fired it up and it was back to 750, maybe I just need to align my clutch cause the belts rubbin funny or something? Or a boot isnt completely on the bottom or a carb, might have slipped off when we were puttin the thing back together? any of those sound reasonable?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts