Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I convinced my girlfriend to get a utility trailer for doing yard work. Now I am thinking I could get one that could haul one sled? So, we been looking at 5x8, 5x10 trailers with drop down ramps. How long do you think I need. My longest sled currently is a 151 track. Any advice on what would be a good compromise to be able to haul pine needles and sled?
Any advice is appreciated
Thanks
Bob

·
Registered
163 Posts
If the ramp is attached to the back of the deck like the ones at the big box stores, the only way a 10 foot will work is to have the ski tips hanging over the front of the trailer. I have a 10 foot long tilt snowmobile trailer with a slush guard. My 146 hangs off the back of the trailer about 8 inches. If I did not have the slush guard, it would just fit. If the trailer you are looking at has a front frame, I do not think it will work. The ramp will hit the back of the sled with a 151.

I would take a measurement from ski tip to the snow flap and take that with you when you look at trailers.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yeah I brought a sled home on one and had to put the skis on the front rail and ratchet strap them down to get the gate shut.
Plus the quality is pretty poor on big box store trailers......

1 - 6 of 6 Posts