Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have a 2000- zr600 tm flatside and gets about 6 miles to the gallon no matter how i ride... took it to the shop to be checked out and they said everything was fine, it was just the nature of the beast.
i still think its using way to much fuel. they rejetted but i would like to know what size jet to use for 15-20 degree weather. or would this make a 2-3 mile per gallon difference anyway.

·
Administrator
1,084 Posts
buck said:
have a 2000- zr600 tm flatside and gets about 6 miles to the gallon no matter how i ride... took it to the shop to be checked out and they said everything was fine, it was just the nature of the beast.
i still think its using way to much fuel. they rejetted but i would like to know what size jet to use for 15-20 degree weather. or would this make a 2-3 mile per gallon difference anyway.
IF the jetts are running to rich, this could make a 2 - 3 mpg difference. 6 miles / gallon sounds rediculously low to me. Does the engine every bog down on warm days or anything of that nature that would suggest to rich of jetting? I don't know what the appropriate size is for your sled, but it does sound to me like you are getting very poor mileage. I woudl say you should be up around 8 mpg with that sled running on normal / packed trail.

·
Registered
74 Posts
It should be getting way better than 6mpg. My ZRT 600 gets about 9-10. Like Cobra said, check your jetting. Factory settings could be too rich. My ZRT was and I dropped several sizes. I also had problems with fouling plugs when it was new. It still runs a little rich but it's better that a little too lean.

·
Registered
44 Posts
that is pretty bad my 99 zr700 gets better mileage than that.check what position your clip on the needle jets is (probably in the middle)you could probably get away with lowering the needle one position if you do mostly trail riding. this will help dramaticly with fuel consumption. just keep an eye on your plug and piston colours.;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts