Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Usa/new York/rochester-syracuse

so far nothing but rain and few snow showers but no ridable snow, trails are currently being marked just a matter of time.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Keep in mind. Most trails don't open until the end of hunting season regardless of the amount of snow on the ground.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
What happened to "Faster than a speeding bullet"... ??? :)

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
can still ride on privite property. and hello rgoers whats up? haven't been on too much lately gettin' busy at work. been workin' long hours. talk with ya later.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
01MXZ800 said:
can still ride on privite property. and hello rgoers whats up? haven't been on too much lately gettin' busy at work. been workin' long hours. talk with ya later.
...just hangin' out, waiting for some SNOW! :mad:

I looked at a snowfall map yesterday. *Nobody* in the NE seems to be getting any real snowfall. I thought with all the rain this past summer, we'd be in for a great snowmobiling season. Maybe I'm just a little too anxious...

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
smallengineguy said:
Do you have a trail report website for NY?
I don't know of any state-wide sites...

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
they have some trail report sites i am tring to gather them up and post a link.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
ecsnowmobiling said:
Up where I live we just got about 10" of snow this morning.:D
Dude, where the heck are you??? The northern Rochester area got about 2 inches, then rain about an hour later. There's NOTHING on the ground here!:mad:

·
Registered
63 Posts
maine

there is snow in nothern main and the mountains... its a haul for you but come on up

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
blueidexx said:
i got some snow yesterday and i got a chance to ride mine around the yard.
Yep. I was out in Webster yesterday evening, when the snow was really coming down. I drove through Ontario on my way home. I was hoping the snow would keep moving south, but by the time I got to Farmington, it wasn't even sticking on the grass.

We've had 2 snows so far this winter, that have deposited enough for me to ride around the yard. Just wish I knew where ecsnowmobiling got the 10". I'll pack up and move there... :D

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Re: maine

rev800 said:
there is snow in nothern main and the mountains... its a haul for you but come on up
If this snow-less winter keeps going like it has been, you just may see me up there!

·
Registered
8 Posts
where are the 10 inches in NY... I WANT TO RIDE ALREADY!

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Woo Hoo!!! Got about 4" overnight, and still coming down. Supposed to get another few this weekend. Hopefully, I'll be able to get out and do some real riding.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
hey rgoers you just need to move a little north, and snowing pretty good around wolcott today maybe by the weekend get a little ride in,for now there's a haylot down the street just callin' my name:D just about done with the wifes sled just need to do some finishing touches then test ride it then off to the dmv and insurance co.mine is ready to go with new aftermarket reeds just waitin to try her out(that's where the haylot comes into play) i was on your road today, trying to figure out which place is yours(sled tracks in yard)need a clue :confused:

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Funny, but I didn't even ride around the yard yesterday. This is the most snow we have had on the ground this season, and I didn't even get *any* of my sleds out. Shame on me!

Instead, I went to a friend's house in Ontario who's been teaching a small class on welding. Last night we were doing TIG. Sweeeeet! TIG produces the neatest looking weld I have ever seen! Anyhow, they're a mile or so north of 104, and they had a few more inches than I have at home.

If you come by again (after tonight) mine should be the only yard with tracks between Maxwell and Fox roads. None of the neighbors have sleds, so unless I have been riding in their yards... :D it should be easy to find my house.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
that narrows it down pretty good i'll have to stop in and introduce myself later

1 - 20 of 42 Posts