Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
USA/ Minnesota/ Duluth

We're finally getting snow up here in duluth. I would say we've gotten around 4 inches today, and they are predicting more for the next few days. Not enough to ride on yet, but definitly a step in the right direction!

·
Registered
711 Posts
hmmmm.....

anyway, what part of duluth you in dawg? myself and cobra are obviously from here too. anyway, i rode today and will ride tonight. the side of 53 is good north of midway is great. smooth and now has about 12 packed inchs on it from the plows. wahoo

dano

·
Registered
385 Posts
Yeah dano, right after I posted I saw there was a Duluth thread...I was hoping nobody would notice! I'm right down by the lake on the east end. I'll mabye head up there to 53 on Saturday just to give the sled a little run.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Nice, i dont care about the multiple posts, some people do though but i can figure out why.

anyway, my brother is down by glendale and such. nice to finally have a local on here. welcome!!!

·
Registered
385 Posts
We just got a few more inches last night here in duluth, must be around 8 inches on the ground. Definitly time to ride!

·
Administrator
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bulldog said:
We just got a few more inches last night here in duluth, must be around 8 inches on the ground. Definitly time to ride!
Okay.... so I'm depressed now. Finally enough snow to hit up the road ditches... but guess who's stuck up on the fourth floor of the UMD library writing an essay.

Grrrrr..... sometimes I wish I had a 9 to 5 day.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I hear you cobra, There's finally enough snow and now I'm spending all of my time getting ready for finals! I can't wait for break to get out and do some riding!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Anyone know how much snow is on the ground now in Duluth? I'm going up to linwood in about a week snowmobiling and there was 6" last time i looked, but i'm wondering if it's still 6" or more?

·
Registered
385 Posts
Duluth only has a couple of inches right now and it really sucks because we got some freezing rain a little while back so the snow is covered with a crust of ice. You could mabye ride on it but it wouldn't be much fun. I havn't really been out of town for a while though, so mabye the surrounding areas are better.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Well my bro's gf's dad called up there about a week ago to see what the snow is like and they said 6". But this isn't in duluth, its like 45 minutes away from duluth that we're going and where hecalled, so it could be different. Whens the last time u saw what was up there?

·
Administrator
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
articcatZ440 said:
Well my bro's gf's dad called up there about a week ago to see what the snow is like and they said 6". But this isn't in duluth, its like 45 minutes away from duluth that we're going and where hecalled, so it could be different. Whens the last time u saw what was up there?
Dano and I were out yesterday, but the only ridable areas were the road ditches along a 4-lane highway up here.

** The only place there may be ridable trails is in Northern Wisconsin, but I still have not heard any reports of good or even fair riding conditions there.

There are still NO RIDABLE TRAILS. If you talked to a resort / hotel owner and he said that you could ride the trails... he must have been pulling your leg.

I'd say that even with the inch or two we received last night, the trails are still very poor. No riding and no grooming yet.

You may not want to ride up here until we have at least another foot.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Lake and Cook County are good

Two harbors, silver bay, isabella etc has been getting hammered. If i wasnt going to michigan, 44in with 18 in base, i would be going up there

·
Registered
329 Posts
Just got back from Presque Isle / Northern WI. They had a good 12 inch base with 24 inches of fresh stuff on top. Saturday we put on just over 200 miles. We rode all the way up to Silver City / Lake of the clouds. They have crap for snow. Maybe 6 inches tops, all dirt & ice for trail conditions.
I'd recommend staying inland atleast 6 miles, as the shoreline does not get the lake effect snow. Pictures soon to be posted!

·
Registered
30 Posts
He didn't ask about trail conditions, he just asked how much snow they had on fields and grass. We're not planning on riding on any trails up there...possibly the lake if its good to ride on, and just around the area on fields and ditches. But duluth gets hit from snow like almost every day so i'd think they'd have a ton of snow by now. Johndee.com says like 9 inches i think.

·
Registered
711 Posts
articcatZ440 said:
He didn't ask about trail conditions, he just asked how much snow they had on fields and grass. We're not planning on riding on any trails up there...possibly the lake if its good to ride on, and just around the area on fields and ditches. But duluth gets hit from snow like almost every day so i'd think they'd have a ton of snow by now. Johndee.com says like 9 inches i think.
we have a bit, not enough to ride on here in duluth though :( all the trails are still long grass, i tried. some ditch banging but thats about it, looks white though

·
Registered
30 Posts
I guess your in the part where we aren't going. Alicia's grandpa just told us theres 6 inches where he lives, kinda by where we're going. But i hear duluth is big so you must be far away from where he is.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts