Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dad and I each bought the Fusion. Rides great,runs poor. I get only 105 out of a 900,could have bought a 600 for that. As of now I might buy a Yamaha next year,but don't know if will adapt to the way I like to ride. The Fusion and Rev's are right for me,but I'm getting sick of Polaris's half ass motors. My 2003 600 sucked and now my 900 blows too. 10 mpg bites when I put on 200-300 miles a day and everyone else is 12-15. I got beat by a 500ss Ski-Doo too,not good for Polaris. I'm not going to spend a dime on clutching because as far as I'm concerned Polaris gave us warranty and they don't seem to have it all right yet,so recall your junk and fix it! That's all from me for now,what do you think? Anybody hear or see any of the '06 possibilities yet? Anyone considering something like this I'd say wait 5 years,they might have it figured out then. I do have other issues with it too,but things seem to be slowly getting cured. Hope they figure it out before the seasons over.

·
four gear pinned
1,991 Posts
if you want a fast big bore cat is the best, proven in this years drag shoot out. ZR 900

·
Registered
711 Posts
thats why you dont buy the first year production of any brand of sled. wow only 105, my 800 does better than that but i think 10 is good for a 900. i know my 800 gets 10 and i love it, my 700 gets 7mpg. polaris is not known for fuel economy. mostly for reliability if ya ask me. i will take reliabilty over anything.

i rode the rev when it first came out, a 600 h.o that couldnt brake 95, i guess i was expecting more than that. rode kinda cool though, whats the fusion ride like? but now i guess the revs move nicely. the 900 is not 06 compliant anyway so there will be changes and i bet econ will go up.

being beat by a 500 blows, does that mean the low end isnt anything either then?

·
Registered
102 Posts
by the way you make it sound you must have got a lemon. also just to let you know most new sleds are programed to run very rich for the first several hundred miles. after a while they will seem to "jump to life" and you will notice a lot beter MPG and a definatly noticable quickening of the sled. That is excatly what all of the revs work like to. they run horrible at first then after several hundred they come to life. My dads 600 H.O. wouldnt break 100 and was only getting like 80 miles to a tank. Then after 600 miles it would hit 110 easily and he now gets over 100 miles to a tank. Stick with it!

read this post that is in this same forum.
http://www.snowmobileforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5947

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Basically what it all comes down too is poor clutching. It hooks up,but it just doesn't have the 900 grunt yet,not bad,but not great either. I'm biding my time and hopefully it get's solved soon because I like how it handles and don't want to switch to something I'm not too sure about next year again,as far as a new model.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts