Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve been riding sleds since I was a little kid I’m now 19. I have a 2007 M8 arctic cat a 99 700 rmk and a 03 Summit 800 but out of all of my sleds my old 86 Phazer is by far my favorite. They’re nimble quick easy to get on one ski. I have a buddy that’s never ridden before and he really wants to get into sledding. I told him to get a phazer I got mine for 200 bucks and I’ve had it for 8 years no problems well except for the stater but that was an easy fix. My friend is a really tiny guy if I had to guess I’d say 130 so I figured a phazer would be a perfect sled for him to learn on that and they’re cheap and simple. The other day he told me that he had bought one and he wanted to bring it by for me to look at and maybe work on here’s where I need help. I’ll send pictures and it’ll make more sense but unknowing to him he bought a phazer chassis with a Polaris tunnel. The engine in it is a Yamaha engine but it is not the phazer engine. The bulkhead was bent out on either side to fit the engine in place and the air scoop is cut so that the hood will close. My biggest concern would be there’s no airbox the carbs are open on the back and with the bigger engine it doesn’t even look like you could fit one in their because of the steering post. So I guess my question is from the pictures does anyone know what kind of a set up this is. Is this something people do or is this pretty unique. Also as far as I know the airbox is pretty important but I’m not extremely educated. Also they have it running premix having to mix my own gas isn’t an issue but is one better than the other My phazer has the oil reservoir and pump I know it’s one less thing to go wrong with the oil pump and lines but is there any advantages of having the reservoir. I know there are a lot of random questions but this machine is half Yamaha half Polaris and has an arctic cat key. I wish I could talk to the guy that sold this to my buddy but it is what is is and it’s actually a really cool looking sled I just want to know what engine it has and what I need to buy parts for also if anyone has any suggestions on what to do with the airbox. Thanks to anyone who responds sorry for rambling!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts