Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i resently saw a yamaha in my friends shed wherei t has been sitting for years. i only saw the side it the hood was white had to thin stripes one black one red and 433 in between those lines .the seat was red and flat , not ribbed and had no back. The engine was a 2 cylinder and had a single carb. there was a speedo and tach at your crotch when you sit. thats all i could see hope you can help me out

·
Registered
13 Posts
My Dad's second ever sled was a 1968 GP433. Similar to what you described. But with dual carbs, no air box or filters just rubber intake tubes. Gas tank was in the back of the seat, so the back of the seat was not flat. The seat was red and ribbed. Tach and speedo were on opposite sides near your knees. Hood colors are the same as you described. From what I remember from his stories that sled was a torque monster, tells me he used to snap jack shafts. He had the sled for a few years, I was born in Dec. of ’68 and can still remember seeing it as a kid in our garage. Not sure if his original hood had much original material left, they hit a lot of trees back then. I still have his first ever sled, a 1968 GP396. One day I hope to put it back together.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts