Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I have a 1994 jag 440z. My dad used to be hot and heavy into racing back in his day in the early 90s and had a 580. He had the 440 for my mom and then gave it to me this year after sitting in his garage for 10 years. He also gave me about 4 boxes full of parts that he had sitting around. Inside he has different types of clutch springs of all different colors. I know that they have different types of tensions and will do different things for the sled and its performance. However, i have no idea what each is and how they affect the snowmobile. I was wondering if anyone knew about the different colors and how to tell what they do. I know its probably a shot in the dark but i thought i would give it a try. Thanks for any help.

Mike

·
Super Moderator
18,335 Posts
Some of the cat springs will list a part number along with the spring. There are also spring charts out there, google arctic cat spring chart, you should find something. Or post the spring colors and someone will look it up for you.

·
Registered
26,128 Posts
Simply a stiffer spring will increse the engagement RPM of the drive clutch. The driven (have a hook on the ends) a stiffer/thicker will increase the full shift RPM

1 - 3 of 3 Posts