Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here goes. I have been looking at new sleds from all manufacturers, the most comfortable have been the Arctic Cats and Skidoos. I have taken neither for a ride, just sat on them at the dealerships. I know there are issues with skidoo for having weak tunnels and "flimsy" front ends that are apparently more suseptible to damage from the occasional aggressive riding than other manufacturers. I want to know how new Arctic Cats hold up. I know they are much more heavy than other manufacturers and I am hoping that it's because they are a more robust machine. I don't want people telling me that Cats are the way to go just because they are cat fans or hate Doos, but I want to know about their durability.
And feel free to chime in about your favorite choices for a good strong DURABLE engine! Thanks in advance all!

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
I am a cat guy, so I am biased, however it comes from experience Ive owned several of all makes of sleds from the 70's right on through, it has been my experience that cats hold up better to my particular style of riding, which bouncing off trees and hitting jumps and alot of rough terrain riding, thats just my opinion.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts