Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys im interested in putting a turbo on my sled i have a 03 arctic cat f7 long track and want to turbo it any opinion on what size turbo not looking for out ragous power just something to bolt on for a bit more. im a diesel nut so the turbo concept is basic knowledge

·
Registered
24 Posts
off topic, but what do you have on your cummins? mine is right around 500hp as well and im curious what your setup is

·
Registered
35 Posts
ok guys im interested in putting a turbo on my sled i have a 03 arctic cat f7 long track and want to turbo it any opinion on what size turbo not looking for out ragous power just something to bolt on for a bit more. im a diesel nut so the turbo concept is basic knowledge
I think a good place to start is what is your budget? and also what kind of aftermarket parts do you have on the sled now?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have heard good things about Boondockers Turbo systems that might be a good place to start. I would call them up there number is 877-522-7805 that way at least you are going to get a idea of the money you would be looking at as well as the HP gains you will make. If you sled is stock there is a lot of things besides a turbo you can do to get a lot of performance gains out of your F7. Keep me posted on what you find out

·
Registered
125 Posts
What type of fuel do you want to run? If you want to run pump gas then boondocker is a good choice... but if you run race fuel then i think their are better companies to consider. Also, (this shows that i know nothing about F series sleds... only Ms) is your sled efi? If not i would think twice... i have been around a couple of carburated sleds with a turbo... and they were nothing but trouble.

I just checked and to turbo mine (09 M8) and do all the clutching it came in at $5100.

·
Registered
72 Posts
are you looking to buy one or to build your own turbo system? and if its a carb sled and you really want a turbo have someone do it for you but if its a efi and you work with diesels then you could do it yourself with some time a lot of research and i would go with a sab turbo they seem to spool pretty fast. sortuve off topic but my friend just bought a v10 ford and swaped the motor for a cummins 12v twin turboed that thing has some power and boy does it roal coal

·
SD Rider
4,337 Posts
First off, SICK Cummins. Second, putting a turbo on an F7 is a bit of overkill IMO..haha. I don't know a whole lot about turbo's on anything, but I would try a smaller one that would spool up fast to minimize lag. You aren't going to want any turbo lag on a sled, especially if you're running up in the mountains where getting into the power right now and in a couple seconds makes the difference between not getting stuck and getting yourself buried.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well i am a diesel mechanic so i can get a turbo for next to nothing of any size and build all my pipeing and intercooler what would be good sizes to start with

·
Registered
24 Posts
a turbo from a small cat or perkins engine would probably work

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well i have a wh1c off a stock cummins 12v but am affraod its to damn big

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
I'd like to see what your Cummins would do next to my Duramax :)

What kinda torque do you put out? I'm a diesel tech also...

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
last dyno was at 511hp-1027tq

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
SA-WEEET!!! I love it. Now that's real power. When you can double you horsepower with torque!!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
alot of time and money when into this truck

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
just updated my sig with the truck and a pic

1 - 20 of 20 Posts