Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
POWDA RIDA
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey Every one.. its come time for me to Get my self a truck. i am looking into GMC or CHEVY, and i was wondering where threshold of high milage is to the point where its not worth taking the risk of purchasing and what would be a good milage range to look at

·
POWDA RIDA
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
but wouldnt there be a point at where the milage is too high? like my father has told me not to touh a truck with over 100k miles.

·
TRH- Troll Raising Hell
6,133 Posts
I bought a 97 F-150 4.6L V8, with 123,000 miles and I LOVE IT! I only paid $3,500.00 so the deals are there... Oh, no rust, no fluid leaks, nada!

·
POWDA RIDA
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok cause i was looking at this 1998 GMC from arizona with no rust but 86k miles for 10K

·
TRH- Troll Raising Hell
6,133 Posts
Check Craigslist daily! A few times a day is important... Also knowing how to deal and talk is as well... Find someones unfortunate dilemma into your fortunate opportunity. Cash talks!

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
i have a 98 chevy z71 that had 256,000KM's on it. not it has 318,000 and it blows zeros on e tests still. i bought it for 5 grnad canadian almost 2 years ago now. they were worth 10 at the time. now a days around here their probably like 4500-5. like they said, its not the mileage. i would rather buy a truck with 300,000kms on it then one with 90,000 on it when the 300,000 one has been taken care of properly and the lower mileage one was abused and not taken care of.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I think the condition of the truck is more important than the mileage. Compared to buying a full vehicle, engines are cheap...especially if you can do your own work.

I have an 01 Dodge I bought with 70k on it for $8k. The body and interior was (and still is) in perfect condition. It now has 140k on it and when this engine finally goes, I plan on replacing it. Even if I spend some extra money for a built crate engine, it will still cost a quarter of what I paid for the truck in the first place.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts