Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Need Snow!!!!!
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any trails where there is enough snow to ride on? I want to go riding with my brother in a couple weeks and by the sounds of it we may have to travel. So, where to?

·
'93 Phazer and The Kid
1,145 Posts
Maybe the UP. I think WI is toast at the moment... But, in a couple of weeks that could all change.

·
Alex
3,385 Posts
wisconsin is all toast, as said..... but the UP is pretty much toast also. They are still open, with snow showers forcasted every day this week. Should be real good in no time.

·
Reverend Dennis
786 Posts
Anyone from around the Crivitz area? Wondering what it is like there? See that there is snow forecast there for the week as well.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
A little farther West... in UT... I was riding on 70 inches of snow last week. Two feet of medium-density fluff, on top of 5 feet of base. :)

Why do they call that area "Mid West" anyway???? It's Central, if it's anything...

·
Need Snow!!!!!
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm probably going to have to travel. Phaze, where in NW Wi are you. My in-laws live in Superior, so I would have a place to stay if they get enough snow on the trails.
Keep us posted everyone when the trails up north are good. Nothing is going to happen down here for a while. :(

·
Reverend Dennis
786 Posts
Right now I'd be happy with a few inches on the lakes, at least be able to rip around the chain down here.. Its nice and solid now, but no snow on it. just nice and slick ice...

·
Need Snow!!!!!
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
DrRodey, good to hear about those trails. I am familiar with the Alex area up there, I frish there everyspring for the past 7 years. We stay on Osakis and travel the lakes. I always wondered what the trails would be like in the winter. I guess that is another place I could go sledding in a week or two.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I live northwest of Duluth,and we got dumped on for several days a few weeks in a row, plenty of snow, but got a day of rain on Dec 31st, then it froze, with fresh snow on top of that, so base is hard, but fresh snow on top. I live across the road from the state trail, plenty out riding, I imagine the North Shore is looking pretty good too.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yea, they've been sayin a good 5 to 7 inches around Mankato. We've slowly gotten about 3 inches here in the North Metro the last few days.

·
Reverend Dennis
786 Posts
Well here on the il/wi border on the chain o lakes, we got about 5in or so. Trails not open yet, but plenty of snow on the lakes! Was a little tricky on my buddys indy without picks, but once a few more sleds are out there, it will be nice riding again..

Anyone in the area have fun! Swing by here and launch from my place..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts