Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thinking about buying a used 4 place enclosed trailer. Inline or setting up on the axle? Also saw an older bearcat 4 place with a clam shell cover, anyone have expierence with these?

·
Registered
25,424 Posts
I perfere the larger 8.6 wide with the axels under neath! Mine is a 27' V nose with 15 tire under it! Mine is insulated and I work inside it alot!

·
Registered
794 Posts
I just switched to an inline this year (7x27) mainly because almost no one is making the deckover 8 1/2's anymore we went to half a dozen local trailer sales and not one had or would get me a wide trailer! I will say after my first long trip with the inline that it is growing on me I still dont like having to stagger the sleds and having deal with trying to juggle them all around if I just want to get the one in the middle out.

But that said towing wise I really like the inline it sits so much lower that it really isnt any taller than my superduty so it doesnt feel like I am pulling a big sail back there like my wide trailer did. I am also getting about three mpg better pulling this trailer over the wider one. crosswinds dont seem to effect it nearly as badly either I think mainly because of the lower center of gravity.

So those things said there are good and bad points to both trailers I would reccomend going with the all aluminum frame and trailer there is so much less upkeep than the steel frames.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts