Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my son his first sled. Now that i have 2 sleds to take up north i need a trailer. I was wondering if i should get an enclosed or open trailer and what the price should be around. I only need a two place trailer.

·
Registered
25,415 Posts
An open 2 place steel is like $400-600, alum $800-900. There are toppers for them that add like $300-400. A drive on / drive off full size 2 place is gona be $2500-3000. Depending on what you are towing with the Alum with the alum cap might be the best!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think i am going to go with an enclosed trailer to keep all the corrosion from the salt out plus just to keep them out of the weather.

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
What do Trailers and Garages have in common......

There never big enough..... get the enclosed and buy bigger than you think you need.... once you have one you will end up carrying others sleds also...LOL

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is probably a good idea to buy bigger in case i ever get another sled.Thanks for the advice.

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
I bought a 101x10 enclosed in 2002. Cost was $2300 w/ 10" tires, tongue jack, & spare. I added ski guides, mats, & a tilt shock myself. The trailer is all aluminum & has held up great. It has the little hump for extra head room. Absolutely the best investment made to keep sleds in top shape if you have to trailer. Also in the summer, all the sled stuff goes inside this trailer.

But...now I wish I had a 11 or 12 footer. The newer sleds extend more in the back. My newer IQ just fits with skis all the way up. Also if the windshield is a taller, like a 20" widetrax watch out it will get squished. The sleds sit higher.

I priced a new 12' sledbed with snopro topper. Cost $3600 :eek: That was with no mats or guides.

Used enclosed 12' go for about $2k-2500 in my area.
Used enclosed 10' go for about 1400-1800.

If I was going to buy today I try definately get a drive on/off 11 or 12 footer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts