Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just purchased a 18 ft (23ft) v nose with drive on drive off. I will need to protect the floor and could use some advice on what to put down. It will haul polaris rzr's and a 30 hp kubota as well as picked sleds. Im not crazy about plastic slides. Maybe someone has used rubber matting or a liner as linez or rhino lining that could give it a thumbs up?

·
Super Moderator
17,169 Posts
I used epoxy paint in a couple of enclosed trailers I had, with bedliner to guide the runners, it held up pretty well. If you go that route, use "shark grip" or other anti-slip media to keep from falling on your behind!

I also have a buddy that did Line-X on his, went up about 8" up the walls. It's kind of heavy but he had the trailer for 3 years and it still was holding up just fine. Prep is the key...

·
93 indy 500 03 edgex 550
39 Posts
i covered mine with an old conveyor belt. i got a roll of it at a flea market a couple years ago. i have used it for everything from mats on the garage floor to flooring for the trailer .its only about 1/4 inch thick but i have never wore a piece out yet.something to keep an eye out for .

·
Registered
2 Posts
Our trailer came stock with the Drylock flooring, but over that I installed Racedeck Free Flow Flooring Tiles front to back. Then two rows of Caliber LowPros over that. The ramp is fully done with the LowPro. VERY minimal carbide scuffs on the floor, really have to look for them. And it's easy to thaw out and clean. Very happy with this upgrade.

20181125_180121.jpg 20181125_180133.jpg 20181125_180636.jpg

·
Registered
182 Posts
Why don't you want plastic track guides? I put Caliber low pro grip guides on my trailer last year and wonder why I did not do it sooner. No more carbides digging into the deck and they slide with ease on the guides. You can cut them at angles so you can make the turn onto the ramp. They do not get in the way and are flexible enough that they will not break under the weight of your side by side or tractor. I trailer quads in the summer and sleds in the winter. They provide extra grip when the quads are on the trailer. I also put the track grabbers on. No more track slippage when loading. They are also lo profile and you can walk on them without any problems.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts