Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Duper Member
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to trailer my snowmobile to a friends house near Mt Snow, VT. I'm looking for a place to drive to and park my truck and trailer close to a VAST trail entrance and leave them there for a few hours. Does anyone know of a place or Club parking lot in the area.

FYI, I have my 2004-5 TMA sticker.

THANKS in Advance

·
Super Duper Member
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is there a lot on Airport Rd to park or is it a public street?
Also, is it legal?

I don't mind the 30 minute drive from Mt Snow.

·
Registered
462 Posts
its a VAST designated parking spot, it is completely legal and the parking spot is located at the end of a public rd.

Take Rt. 9 West out of Wilmington and right before it goes up the Searsburg Hill and the climbing lane begins take a right, follow that road for around 5 miles and then you will see where other sleds/trailers will be parked. You will go over a bridge after the VAST trail comes in from your left.

Go over the bridge and go left, drive ON, yes ON the trail for about 1-200 feet and on the left there will be a lot of trucks and trailers parked there, probably an EPO also checking TMAs. Go from there!

·
Super Duper Member
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks alot.

Two last questions if I may:

1) what's an EPO? (I'm guessing it's "something-patrol-officer")
2) what club should I thank for this access area?

This is my second year riding on VAST and I normally ride in Hubardton near lake Bomoseen.

Thanks Again

·
Registered
462 Posts
ptrapper65 said:
Thanks alot.

Two last questions if I may:

1) what's an EPO? (I'm guessing it's "something-patrol-officer")
2) what club should I thank for this access area?

This is my second year riding on VAST and I normally ride in Hubardton near lake Bomoseen.

Thanks Again
EPO = Environmental Police Officer
The club would be the Woodford Sno Busters, www.snobusters.com

·
Super Duper Member
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks a Ton

Maybe I'll see you on the trail 2/5 & 2/6.

·
Super Duper Member
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm new to this. Last year I picked up a 1999 Arctic Cat Jag 340. It's my first sled. It's a nice machine.
I didn't want my first to be something like yours since I didn't know if I was going to like riding, but I do, so I may upgrade at the end of this season.
Sometimes I feel funny saying I have a 340 when most guys are riding 600+.

·
Registered
462 Posts
No biggy, the 340s are nice in their own way. The get great gas mileage and are very light, making them a very good starter sled.

I dont think I am gonna be in Woodford that weekend since I ride out of my VT house (which is a little ways from there) when the snow is good there, but who knows sometimes I do a ride over to that area from my house for fun. If I am up that weekend I will shoot over to the airport Rd. area

Will this be your first visit in Southern VT?

·
Super Duper Member
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have a house on Lake Beebe which is just north of Bomoseen off of Route 30. I ride on the lakes and a trail the goes up to Hubbarton Battle field. I haven't done that much riding though.

I belong to the Poultney Valley Snowmobile Devils.

I live on Long Island, NY

I emailed the snowbusters to get their trail map since the VT VAST map I have is OK but it dosn't show all the local club trails.

Thanks for all your help

·
Super Duper Member
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
daktruckie99, I sent you a PM.

·
Super Duper Member
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hey daktruckie99,

Thanks for the advise. Riding was great compared to up north by Hubbardton. There were some bare spots, but from what everyone in the parking lot said, these trails had the most snow in the State.

Thanks again

1 - 14 of 14 Posts