Snowmobile Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering... What can I do as a rider to help maintain the trails? I'm am very thankful of the beautiful trails that are around my house, and I want to do my part in keeping them and keeping them safe and smooth. Any tips?

·
Registered
462 Posts
well during the summer I try to walk the trails in the fall before the season and trim all branches that will wack you in the face, and also clearing up the big stuff in the middle of the trail.

When it is winter time and I am riding the trails, any rock or tree in the trail (I found a lot this weekend) I will always take the time to stop and pick it up, takes a second and it more work than riding by obviously, but it makes it a lot nicer on the way back and for everyone else!

·
I gotta have more Cowbell
328 Posts
Carry a small folding camp saw in your sled's compartment. If you encounter any downed trees or branches, you can cut them away.

If you find a large tree down, you can either come back with a chainsaw, or find a way around it. Again, a small saw comes in handy, especially when breaking trail for the first time. You will likely find downed trees that came down sometime between Halloween and now.

·
I am Spartacus
23,863 Posts
Pick up ANY trash you see! That's what will stick out in a landowner's mind when he walks his property, when he sees that people don't care about the land and he closes the trail next year!

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Also if your in a club, they usualy have days in the summer and spring that they go out together and clean and pick up the trails

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Yes it is okay around here on some of the trails, but some of the trails are closed off in the summer. I dont know about there though.

·
I am Spartacus
23,863 Posts
In NH, four wheelers are prohibited on trails, unless they have paperwork ON THEM that says the landowner gave them permission.

·
Registered
570 Posts
illEATurHARTout said:
Okay, great. And I guess this is kind of on topic... Is it okay if I ride the trails in the summer with my dirtbike and fourwheeler?

I think the Collins brothers will kill you if they catch you riding through there fields in the summer. They complain about ATV's trespassing all the time. If you want to help out with the snowmobile trails join your local club ( WASTA ). The website is wastainc.com. You can use paypal to join online. After that go to some meetings and volunteer to maintain part of the trail system. The next meeting is this Wednesday 2/2 at the Waterville Legion on RT 20.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
YamahaVector said:
I think the Collins brothers will kill you if they catch you riding through there fields in the summer. They complain about ATV's trespassing all the time. If you want to help out with the snowmobile trails join your local club ( WASTA ). The website is wastainc.com. You can use paypal to join online. After that go to some meetings and volunteer to maintain part of the trail system. The next meeting is this Wednesday 2/2 at the Waterville Legion on RT 20.
Hmm... I'm not exactly sure where their land is. Lucky enough I have a huge field behind my house that I can ride in, but it gets kind of boring after a while. :p

I'll make sure to check out the WASTA website, thanks for the link.

·
Registered
570 Posts
If the field that you ride in is on Mallory Rd, Sessions RD or Roberts RD they probably use it for there farm.

·
Runnin Against The Wind!
8,036 Posts
Call your state DNR and ask if you can do any voluntary work for the trail system. You sound like a good samaritan.

·
Registered
570 Posts
SnowRida said:
Call your state DNR and ask if you can do any voluntary work for the trail system. You sound like a good samaritan.

The DEC is useless. Contact the local club and adopt your section of trail to maintain.

·
Registered
282 Posts
WOAH! Did i hear that right?! I have finally found a comment by 600 I can agree with and commend him for.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I'll get the 707 out of storage and i'll see you on the lake sometime............

·
Registered
282 Posts
I'll be sure to stop for you when your 707 blows up and my stock 600 is still goin strong. I bet I'd give you a run for your money with my 600 anyway. Never lost to another 600 and have beaten many larger sleds as well.

·
Registered
271 Posts
It won't blow up cause we already fried a few pistons years ago and got the jetting straitened out...Also its not realy a 600 anymore...and yes It can beat your stock anything...Balanced crank, port polish, bored, heads shaved down, tuned pipe, Extra cooler.

·
Registered
282 Posts
well i bet my dad can beat up your dad!!!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.