Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
are they good bad ? are they better are worse than studs? will they wreck my 1 3/8 track. do they work good on ice? thanks

·
Registered
102 Posts
listening....
I am gona do a lot of ice fishing this year and I will need studs for my sled to do anything on the ice. I think these will work fine. If you ask a lot of people they will tell you no. But these are also the guys that have used push through studs forever. think about this in a physics sense.

If you have a track that is.. say 1 inch lugs. this means that you would get studs 1 1/2 inches long. If you use the lug studs you will have a 1/2 coming out of the track. So if you think about the physics on this one, which one will create the greatest stress on the track? the 1 1/2 of course, about 3 times the force on the track to be exact.

I do think that they may pull out easier but they will definatly cause less damage when they do.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
you should NEVER use 1.5" studs on a 1" lug track, thats crazy, unless you like tearouts every 5 minutes. if you have a 1" lug you should be runnin 1 1/8" at most.

·
Registered
102 Posts
sorry,

I realized that I posted wrong numbers after I had left and got thinking about it. Either way though, the push through studs are going to cause more stress on the part of the track that they are on.

Shouldnt it be a quarter inch over the lug though? at least thats what I thought was the normal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts