Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help.
I want to remove the beaver tail and I wanted to know some suggestions on going about it. I've already contacted specalty sleds. They seam pretty good. If you've done it or are against it Please let me Know.

·
I am Spartacus
23,863 Posts
If I knew what it was I'd try to help. The only "Beaver Tail" I know is a nother name for a mullet. You cutting your hair? :D

·
Registered
135 Posts
REVBOY is looking to change the rear section of his '03 REV to be just like the '04+ REVs so he can carry a gas can or travel bag. I've been looking at doing the same to my sled but it looks a bit harder than I'd first anticipated. I'll repost if I figure it out. I think the best way is to just buy an '05 ;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The only reason I want to lose my tail is because I was getting ice build up between the track and the tail after I was done riding for the night, then I go back in the morning and thier frozen together. So I had to slam the back end on the ground a half dozen times to break it up. this is causing damage to the tail it self. also I find the handel is to low. Did you ever get stuck in the snow with a Rev it hard to get out with such a low handel.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Lots of threads on this on Dootalk.com. Plenty of people have installed the eliminator kits with good results. A friend had it done and rode all last year with no overheating problems.
Beaver delete kits

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
A beaver tail is the ugly ass end of this sled
166[1].jpg

·
Registered
132 Posts
My 03 has had the beaver tail removed. Have never had cooling issues. You can get them on ebay not sure of the price though. Mine is made of stainless steel diamond plate.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts