Snowmobile Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
That tunnel looks hacked up! At least on my rx1 warrior tunnel, every hole has a bolt or a rivet. There is a purpose for every one of those and it isn't ventilation, most are structural.

I would definitely see if I could get a pic &/or measurements off a factory rx mountain and move the skid to match.

(my rx1-warrier 136" for comparison, although different skids so it won't help you on location)

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Combat vehicle

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
It really isn't that hard. Put the sled on the ground and take a ratchet strap or two and tighten the suspension up. Once that is done, lift the back of the sled onto a stand of some sort. Remove the 4 mounting bolts, measure back 1.5 inches or so on each, drill a suitable sized hole, and reinstall.

They key is to try to compress the suspension as much as you can BEFORE removing it. If you don't, you will have a fight on your hands to get it back in.

I definitely wouldn't run it though. At best, the track is going to skip and ratchet under load, which will eventually destroy potentially your track and/or drivers. Worst case, see coolhands post above.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts