Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i put on four 8 tooth drivers in place of the two 9 tooth to fit a 141 x 2 inch track and moved my adjusters back for the added length from the 136. I have tightened up the adjusters a ways but didnt want to go to tight as i have taken out 2 driveshaft bearings(one a year) on it but when i go out and hammer on the throtle the track ratchets. so what is the proper tension for the track.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wow i guess it is really loose then as i ususally just hung the back of the sled from the rafters and tightened untill i had about 1/4 inch of sag with only the track weight. and i had the bearing go out twice so thought maybe i was getting it to tight and this time i let it sag about an inch or so

I guess ill have to tension it up a ways

·
Premium Member
34,103 Posts
Use that as a start point and then loosen until it ratchets and then take it up a bit till it stops. This will allow the track to be as loose as possible for powder.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well seems i got the problem cured i just tensioned it like i did before with just about 1/4 of sag with just the track weight and it doesnt ratchet greased the bearing good and will run it for a while and grease it again and hope it lasts for more than 100 miles

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.