Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Breaker of Balls
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i was talking with my buddy today and he was telling me that i should drop my track and spin it around so the paddles are pointing the other way, making it more aggresive in the snow, does this actually work? il attach some pictures

Attachments

·
Alex
3,385 Posts
well your buddy is an idiot....lol. The track is designed that way so that when it is spinning it pushes not only forward, but up a little too- to keep you from getting stuck. If it were the other way, it would just trench and would make it worse. Sort of like farm tractor tires, you would think it would bite better with the V digging dirt into the V, but it actually gets better traction with the V pushing dirt to the outsides.

·
Breaker of Balls
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
alright haha i figured something was a little weird about the whole situation, i mean if it worked then why didnt everyone do it?

·
Sconnie
1,745 Posts
would help on hardpack for acceleration but not powder.

·
Breaker of Balls
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
alright thanks guys, ill take what this guy says with grain of salt from now on

·
Breaker of Balls
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
uhhh i live in alaska, its all deep powder here. so im not switching.

·
Terrain Dominator
1,918 Posts
Sort of like farm tractor tires, you would think it would bite better with the V digging dirt into the V, but it actually gets better traction with the V pushing dirt to the outsides.
That's a good analogy!

·
Registered
323 Posts
I have ridden a trail sled with the track reversed (not a paddle track) hooks up hard, has a great hole shot, but when you hit the brakes the back end breaks loose and tries to pass the front end, very squirrely to hang on to.

·
Need Snow!!!!!
427 Posts
I have ridden a trail sled with the track reversed (not a paddle track) hooks up hard, has a great hole shot, but when you hit the brakes the back end breaks loose and tries to pass the front end, very squirrely to hang on to.
Well, that sounds fun. LOL

1 - 12 of 12 Posts