Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Duper Member
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Second Post by Me:

A friend told me the track get lubricated by the snow (water) while riding. Is this true? If so, what happens when I ride on a lake (ice) for long periods?

·
Registered
570 Posts
The track doesn't get lubricated the hyfax do. When you ride on ice for an extended amout of time you will melt the hyfax because of the lack of cooling from the snow.

P.S The hyfax are the nylon strips that are on the rails of your rear suspension that reduce friction.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Yup. I've heard of people melting them. People have said you can actually smell them burning - and when you do - it's time to find some snow... FAST!

·
Registered
20 Posts
yes yes this is all true so if you know that your riding on a lake try to go to the edge of it while your riding every once in a while so your in the powder lubricating the hifax. my dad has to with his vmax and if you dont you will burn through them like nothing.

·
four gear pinned
1,991 Posts
you can get scrachers, they sit in the sno by the front of the track and provide a spry of sno no matter if you are on ice,/hard packed trail.

·
Registered
282 Posts
i've heard of them. they sound like they would be a good idea. i like how they just hook over something when you dont need them... just wish i had the $50 to spend right now... lol, thats right, i am so poor! :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts