Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my brother, stupid as always, took out two studs out of our track on our 95' v-max without me knowing. it is now starting to tear from the outside-in. this could be very dangerous if i dont take care of this. it is kinda hard to explain and i will post some pictures so you guys can get a better picture of what i am talking about. can i somehow melt the rubber and patch it up or do i have to get a whole new track? any replies would be great, thanks.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'd guess by the age and if this is not a replacement track that it is at the end of it's useful life. Maybe a little past that and could fail suddenly damaging the tunnel or skid frame or worse. I have heard of successful vulcanizing of flaps from torn out studs but if the track is old, the repair might not be as durable and money much better spent toward a new track.
Good luck!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Best bet is to buy a new track. Repairing an old one wont be as reliable as a new one. I had 244 picks and mine ripped and gauged the flap, pulled in the hull at the rear 4 inches, and dammaged the heat exchanger on the left side. Tracks on E-Bay are running at $300 compaired to $580 at a local dealer. Wait till you have to buy the exchanger. $300 is better than all the repaires and service costs and at 90mph aint much you can do to minumize damage or your safety.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Damn, What a deal! Woooo. I might check into that next season. Thanks for the source man.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I've got a 121" Camoplast Challenger track for sale. It has .875" lugs and no studs, two years old, under 200 miles. $200.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey Chanks7, could you get a picture of that track? i really need a new track before the snow leaves us. thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts