Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know what the manuel says about track ajustment but it seems too tight and the drive train is louder at this ajustment. I have a 98 ZR600 I have it ajusted to 1 1/4" space between the track and the hyfax with 20lbs pulling down on it. what do you think?
I want to loosen it but I don't want the side to side wagging of the sled when it is too loose.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Thats were it belongs. Loosen it up and your track will balloon at high speeds and if it's studded you'll take out the tunnel.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But it does not move as freely when it is setup that way. It almost seems like it will burn out the bearings on the gear shaft.

·
Registered
121 Posts
If it's that tight at the front arm your suspension may be out of adjustment. You may have to change the aproach angle if it's not where it belongs. Are your limiter straps let out too far? How long have you owned the sled and why is it a problem now if you've always had it?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had the sled for a while, but I just put the ETS Suspention upgrade kit on and it says to loosen the straps as far as they will go for maximum ETS functionality. I love what the kit has done for the suspention! I just think I need to loosen the track a little more than the Arctc Cat manuel says. I don't think it takes in the fact that the ETS kit changes the geomitry of the suspention.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts