Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some ideas on what I can tow behind the sled in our fields. We use the snowboard now and sometimes a mattress. But what does everyone else use? Looking for something that will stay attached. Ideas would be great.

·
Sconnie
1,745 Posts
i've always used a sled! a tobogan worked great for me, of course till it broke from the stress on it from pulling. used skis before too. but i'd have to say the long tobogan worked best. just figure out a good way to make a tow harness on it so it pulls evenly across the frame

·
Vintage Sled Pilot
533 Posts
We use a saucer sled w/ 30' rope attached to it (like the one in "Christmas Vacation"). The older kids love it! The younger kids like to ride in my ice fishing jet sled. Either way, it's fun to get the kids involved!

·
2011 800 Pro R Rush Retro
260 Posts
we use an inertube from on old tractor tire and sometimes use a gt snowracer....the last one is kinda dangerous though...lol

·
Registered
328 Posts
get a plastic barrel and cut a hole in the top to make a latch, if your not freakishly tall or anyhting you should fit in and thats a blast

alos done rowboats or maybe a big propane tank, but that might be abit heavy lol

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
We always use just a regular plastic sled. We have the kids hang onto a shortened waterski rope, instead of having it tied to the sled.

·
ride till your broke
2,560 Posts
go to the junkyard and get a hood from a station wagon.
70s to 80s, their everywhere. i paid 10bucks for mine
2yrs ago, its perfect for 4 people. the whole family
comes over when we have snow & the sled never
shuts off all day.:D

·
Vintage Sled Pilot
533 Posts
car hood idea is awesome

you guys have Red Green in your blood LOL
Goes to show that there is a little ******* hillbilly in all of us (Even in the North eh!)!!:thumbsup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.