Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright i bought a 95 touring sle not running, had no spark. sled had the nippensenso coil and cdi setup on it. Found out this sled uses the ducati cdi system so ordered and aftermarket cdi. Installed the new cdi and hooked all the wires up, yes the connectors to the cdi were all chopped off. Looked at the wiring diagram and i know i have all the wires where there sposed to be. Still no spark. Ohm tested trigger coil and ignition generator coil, both are within specs. tested lighting generator coil and it tested slighly high (spec is 0.23-0.28)was 0.4ohms. I wouldnt think this would be a cause of no spark i think the lighting gen coil just supplies ac current rite? I then tested the kill switch and tether switch. Tether switch is bad, If i just unhook this connector it should bypass the switch rite? Unhooked tether switch connector, still no spark? Also what kind of reading will the trigger coil put out as far as test it for volts while cranking? Any ideas anyone?? Ready to start parting the sled out! Thanks

·
Registered
93 Posts
Ummm..

There are no points on this engine.

Yes, if you disconnect the tether switch, the sled should run. Mine is disconnected and it runs.

Not sure what the trigger coil should put out, but maybe make note of the readings and let us know what they are. Somebody might know once they see the numbers.

Ryan.

·
I am Spartacus
23,863 Posts
Don't worry about the lighting coil. It's only for lighting! If you unplug the tether, you need to short the plug wires to complete the circuit.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
In the test for the tether cord switch it says you want and "open" reading with the tether cord hooked up...Another thing i didnt pay attention to was while cranking with starter or pull cord nothing is trying to light up...shouldnt the headlight and speedo start to light up? I also noticed that the yellow wire coming out of the generator always has power with the key on, shouldn this be one of the wires supplying power???

·
I am Spartacus
23,863 Posts
My bad, dude, I was thinking of something else. Unplug the tether for spark. The light may or may not light, depending on how fast you're cranking it. SOunds like you still have wires in the wrong place.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts