Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if anyone has swapped out rear torsion springs and replaced with a single shock? Just trying to improve ride quality on 2015 Polaris RMK 600 144.

·
Super Moderator
18,335 Posts
If your RMK has the non-rebuildable shocks, you may get a lot of improvement by replacing them. If the shocks are rebuildable, that can also give you improvement. Fox shocks are really good, but spendy. Arvin are good, Walker-Evans are hit and miss. Some folks really like them (I do), some folks have had bad luck. If your sled is a regular RMK and not a Pro, it probably has the Ryde AFX non-rebuildable ones.

·
Registered
26,128 Posts
I swaped the skid from under my SRV to a SRX which has a single coil over shock
But to do that on a stock skid I doubt it would work

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If your RMK has the non-rebuildable shocks, you may get a lot of improvement by replacing them. If the shocks are rebuildable, that can also give you improvement. Fox shocks are really good, but spendy. Arvin are good, Walker-Evans are hit and miss. Some folks really like them (I do), some folks have had bad luck. If your sled is a regular RMK and not a Pro, it probably has the Ryde AFX non-rebuildable ones.
Dan, you nailed it on stock Ryde AFX shock, it did not do much except take up space,I have tried KIMPEX (slight improvement) and SPI (really poor quality), might try a Walker-Evans...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts