Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i have a issue.. not sure but i have a 05 xc700 with v3 reeds.. dynoport twin pipes.. clutch kit.. and boost bottle.. and it wont just makes it to 100.. and it doesnt make sense.. the jetting is on pipes make max power from 7800 to 8100 and im running it at about 7900.. anyone have any ideas.. or have come across this issue..

note: stock speed wasnt any different.. just got there slower

thanks

·
Alex
3,385 Posts
what did you really expect? If the engine is running at similar RPM's that it was before, then the whole drive train (including your track) will be going the same speed as before. Minimal rpm change will not affect your top speed much.

Nothing you've stated that you've done really affects top speed.
Reeds- Crisper throttle response, a little power
Pipes- a little more HP
Clutching- More efficiently transfers power through the drive train
Boost bottle- Utterly useless on most sleds.

None of which change your top speed. They just give you a little more power and make the whole system more efficient to be able to get you up to your current top speed.

Now with that added power, you can get away with gearing it a tooth or so higher (in the chain case) in order to raise that top speed and still have enough power to push it in the low end.

Making any sense?
Simple physics 101. Motor don't spin much faster, sled don't go much faster.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i changed the pipes and it increased the rpm.. but im saying from stock it didnt like to break 100.. when my friends bone stock will do around 120's

·
Alex
3,385 Posts
are you studded? Are they? Were you running side by side?

How old is your belt?
Is your track tensioned properly?

What is your 'friends' sled?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes i'm studded.. 196.. belt is about 200 miles old... and no we werent... his is stock 05 xc 700 just different color than mine.. with my old can no other addons other than 196 studs.. how often is it that the speedo is off? cuz i have a my street bike and it sure feels like it going over 100 but hell i cant tell b/c im not riding in the same place..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts