Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
after about a hundre miles one day i stumbled upon a rail bed with my f 5 sno pro and had it up over 100 for about 5 minutes i hit 106 once, thats with no mods

·
Registered
47 Posts
keep in mind guys, the speedos on most sleds run a bit high. You need radar to really know. But anywher near 120 is incredible! Im not a cat fan for a bunch o reasons but those f7's truely are fast.

·
Administrator
1,084 Posts
105 sounds about right for the F5. My ZR 500 can burry the needle occasionally at 100 mph on a nice hardpack... so to me 105 sounds right.

117+... now thats cruisin for a stock 700. ;) Go ACat.

·
Registered
431 Posts
How are you guys gettin 105 out of your f5's? I can only get 92 mph out of mine. 03' patriot. The thing's a rocket till 45 then gradually pukes out. I mean 92 isnt slow but 105 is alot better!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i think its all in the break-in period if our sleds are stock that means they should be the same

when was breaking mine in last year i ran the premix
first thing i let it warm up real good drove at about 20mph for about 50ft then hammered it for about 250ft then stopped for a few second turned around drove it slow for little hammered it again

then i rode it normal on the trails for the first tankful without giving it any prolonged use of full throttle after about 150 miles we rode down to the lake. when i got down there i held it open till it didnt have no more. the first run i only got about 95-96 out of her after about ten times i was hitting 103 and still had more. but it also felt like iwas getting there a little faster to

·
Registered
431 Posts
I broke mine in just like the dealer said. I have a buddy with a saber cat f5 and his only does 90-95 too. His is from a differant dealer then mine. Could there be something wrong with the snow checked '03 sleds? also if it is from break in i could just ring it. Right? how much compression should this have?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
now that you said that about the snowchecked sleds i beat a f5 with the race decals

hmmmmmm
strange

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
snocheck firecats had a faulty oilpump, but if youre over 500miles and havent had a meltdown yet, youre in the clear.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
youre just used to the lack of power =p j/k polarisman, f5's have been tested numerour times to break tripple digits.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
no f5 here, zr600 efi, and f6 snopro
=p ill race that family sled =p we're just joking around dano, dont get pissed and delete all our posts please, just some friendly humor

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
hey polaris man just to save yourself the embarrasment this year i wouldnt race an f5 cuz you'll get SSSMOKEDDD i raced a poo xc6 last year and smoked him
i even took a poo 800 up to about 40 her was convinced that my sled was modded but its not

just be careful cuz those lil 500's are very quick

·
Registered
77 Posts
Don't get your panties in a bunch,just having a bit of fun here.Don't under estimate the 600 CT,i think the longer track gives it better hook-up.I've raced with a friend on his Rev 600 and he could not believe how fast my touring was.He told me his top speed was 105 mph,when i told him my 600 could do 110 he was amazed.Now i'm putting a new track on,1.25 inch. Look out.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts