Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
hurry up winter
129 Posts
depends if youve got the clutches and carbs dialed in but they average around 90-100 mph

·
Super Moderator
18,334 Posts
A lot will depend on the snow. 110 kph seems pretty slow to me, most of the 600 xlt engines I saw on the snow were good for at least 80 mph, which is about 130 kph.. And on good snow, on a cold day, like PolarisGuy85 said, a well set up 600 could get above 90 (144 kph) pretty easily. I had a 650 that would hit 95 and I couldn't outrun those 600's by much (if at all.)

·
Registered
6 Posts
A lot will depend on the snow. 110 kph seems pretty slow to me, most of the 600 xlt engines I saw on the snow were good for at least 80 mph, which is about 130 kph.. And on good snow, on a cold day, like PolarisGuy85 said, a well set up 600 could get above 90 (144 kph) pretty easily. I had a 650 that would hit 95 and I couldn't outrun those 600's by much (if at all.)
yours seems about right it could be over rated in mphr and i probably had misinformation

·
Registered
6 Posts
yes it is a factor on all sleds but the shorter the lugs the slower it is in the deep snow not that a 94 polaris does though

·
Registered
6 Posts
those shorter lugs work ok on the hard pack cuase they dont rip the snow up so its like how a tire works on pavement
also once the triple era came in about 1990 and bigger displacements were introduced they started getting pretty fast and better suspention traction and way more power but still not like todays sleds ;)

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Studs help in hard pack all day long. I won't ride a trail without them as your rear end can slide all over the place in corners and then next thing you know you are going into a tree. Seen it a few times with people who didn't run studs on trails.

·
Registered
6 Posts
im not much of a trial guy i just ride over fields and the bush but i would like to get out on some trails this year but studs are a total game changer over a not snowed on lake or icey trials

1 - 12 of 12 Posts