Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 2000 Super Sport that is low on power on the top end. It's a stock machine with no extra goodies. It goes like hell up to 45mph then just tails off. It revs about 6500rpm - just won't go any faster. I'm going to check the air/fuel mix today because my plugs seem a little dark. I've ordered a clutch rebuild kit in case that's the problem too. Any suggestions that I might not be thinking of? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
64 Posts
i dont know what the problem is, but my 99 supersport does the exact same thing. only revs to about 6500 rpm, and runs hard to about 45-50 mph, then falls on its face, and slowly (very) works its way up to about 70mph. i rode it all last winter like that. i thought the compression felt low, so i put new rings in it. that didnt do anything. brought comp. from about 150 lbs to 165 lbs. i tried adjusting the clutch as much as i could, and it didnt help at all. took apart the secondary, and cleaned it, and that didnt help at all. i think the spring may have worn out. my sled has about 6500 miles on it now. that started at about 5000 miles. the only other thing i can think of is my track. it is completely spent, with over half of the track clips gone and 80% of the lugs torn off. i was thinking that maybe the rubber/hyfax surface caused to much friction. i have my sled in the shop right now getting it all prepped for winter right now. i didnt have to do anything to it for the first 3 years, just pulled it out of the barn, and rode it, only problems ive had are blowing the swaybar bushings out, and blowing out shocks. this year i got a fire under my butt, and decided to play with it. i put a set of 38 mm mikuni TM carbs on it, with k&n clamp ons, i built an aluminum cowl for it, and putting pro-taper bars on it, along with a 1" riser, and am going to bend the steering stem a little bit forward. i need new front susp springs, and a new front rear shock and spring. so ill just about have a whole new sled this winter. i need to weld up my bulkhead too. it is starting to crack in one spot. im also gonna build some chassis stiffeners.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts