Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Burn Baby Burn !!
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, heres the deal, i got a 1989 pantera and when i floor it, it bogs down and seems to lag a bit before "waking up" and accelerating furiously( i know it s only a 89' 440, it not furious :p )

now from what i noticed, the oil adjustment has been which is throttle controlled, has been adjusted a bit richer than it suposed to from what i see on the marks, and one thing i noticed, at -20 degress celcius, when i start it, put the choke on at full, start and i can remove it after ONLY 5- 10 seconds and it idles very well, are my carbs too rich on gas?

if so, what screw sould i play with ( with caution of course) a

as for the primary clutch, the sled starts moving at 3000 RPM and it is very smooth,

if this cannot be cured by means of carburation - lubrification, can i play with the clutches to give it a little more "haste" from the standing? by playing with the secondary clutch spring maybe? just a suggestion here :) coze i know these sleds where not bombs but surely they would be fatser from start than it is now, i mean this is a liquid cooled twin carb 440 :confused:

thanks in advance

Fr0sT

·
I am Spartacus
23,863 Posts
Turn the air bleed screws on the carbs a quarter turn in and see what happens. If worse, go the other way a quarter. Which ever way it gets better, fine tune it from there. The air bleeds are small slot head brass screws, kinda angled on the side of the carbs. Turn them each the same amount at the same time.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts