Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could a Summit 800HO 151"track be too much sled for me? I am a seasoned, though not what I consider burly rider, 115 lb female. Like to ride off trail, moderate hill climbing. Been riding mostly MXZX 400LC 136"track. Reason I am considering upgrading is lack of flotation, and lack of power. The other option is the 600HO 144". Main concern is #1, will I have trouble making this sled do what I want because of my weight, and if I settle for the 600 (others think this may be enough for me) will I outgrow it in 2 years and wish I had bought the 800? Price is a factor, but mostly want a sled I will be happy with for years to come.

·
"It's Only Money"
310 Posts
kathy, the 800 is definitly a huge sled. Tons of power and a track that will give you all kinds of floatation and a footprint. I'm a Polaris guy, don't know much about the ski-poo's, but have heard rave reviews about he 600 HO. It's been beating a bunch of the 700's (Cats). If your not doing a bunch of hill climbing, you might like the smaller one for it's versitility. Also, if your not braking trail all the time, I think the 600 HO would be better. How much distance or side hilling will you be doing? With your weight (or lack there of), muscling the big sled around all day might get old. What is the weight differance? How about the price differance? Honestly, I tend to be a little partial to the mid to upper range sleds. All kinds of performance, bells and whistles, and easier to throw around for a lot less cost. Unless your climbing huge hills of powder (Rockies, Sierra Navadas), I think the 600 HO is the better way go. Hope I could be of some help. Cheers. OB :cool:

·
Registered
135 Posts
My wife is the same size, about 115lbs, and she rides a 600 H.O. and she finds that it is plenty of power for her. She's a very aggressive rider and has no problems keeping up with my 800 on the trails and lakes. She has ridden my 800 and finds she doesn't have enough weight behind her to control the extra power (even though I know she's grinning ear to ear under the helmet when she pulls on the loud handle). The 600 H.O. will be plenty power for powder, side hilling, hill climbing etc. for someone of your size. Although, with only 115lbs on the seat, just imagine how fast that 800 would go ;)

·
Registered
711 Posts
I agree, my 800 is even a little much for me so far, though i just got it. I weight in at 180. That 800 144 is enough for me. I know 151 would be too much for me.

just my 2 cents :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Not sure if the summit is the same as the "Rev", can remember on the ski-doo. I ride with a gal who rides a 800, "REV" 144" and loves it also met a very petite, older gal who also LOVED the 800 REV and said she could do anything on it.

I just got a RMK 900 and I weigh 130 lbs. - so far it's a good workout....we'll see when we get some powder. I don't think you can ever have ENOUGH power!!!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Kathy go for it,you can do it.I ride an 03 RX1 and I am handicapped(only have 1 arm ),or try to borrow one of your riding buddies machine that would be similar to what you want.I'am a trail rider so I don't have any moutain experiance but it takes a little bit of body english to get that Yammy to settle down!

GO FOR IT!!!!

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
1.) Holy crap, a 800 with a 115lb rider, that is kinda crazy, LOL. should be one hell of a ride. 2.) dont listen to him about the 600HO beating the AC 700's when the REV800HO can't even beat the 05 F7's 3.) I'd suggest dropping down to a 600, just for your body size.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Its really up to you, but i think the 800 would overpower you, 115 pounds is hard to move around a 500+pds sled. And a 600 is a powerful machine, i really dont think you will out grow it.

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
rightarm- did you go on a skidoo test ride in michigan? my dad went on it for the '04 sleds i think and there was someone who crashed and lost an arm and rides. he didnt crash there, but was invited to the event.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts